|“||They ran that night. Gerard put guns in people's hands, but a lot less than they thought were actually willing to use them. More people know our secret now, but more of them are on our side. They weren't afraid of us anymore. Now, we have allies who used to be enemies. We have protectors. We have friends willing to fight for us. The rest of us have been looking for others... like you.||”|
Scott Gregorio McCall is the main protagonist of the Teen Wolf series. He is the son of Melissa McCall and Special Agent Rafael McCall and was formerly a senior at Beacon Hills High School prior to graduating and being accepted as a pre-veterinary student at the University of California-Davis. His determination to remain good restrains him from the urge of a Werewolf to kill or maim.
Before being bitten by then-Alpha Peter Hale in Wolf Moon, Scott was asthmatic, unpopular, and a "benchwarmer" on the high school lacrosse team. However, once he was bitten and successfully turned into a Beta Werewolf, Scott developed superhuman strength, speed, agility, healing, and senses, along with the ability to shapeshift his features into that of a wolf. Despite the aggression and violent urges that often comes with lycanthropy, Scott has always made it a point to embrace his humanity, and with the help of his best friend Stiles Stilinski and his now-deceased former girlfriend Allison Argent, he was able to begin to build his own pack, which eventually became known for being one of the most unique and powerful packs in the Teen Wolf universe.
Scott's virtue and compassion, due in part to the support of his pack, allowed him to rise to the rare rank of True Alpha by his own force of will in the middle of the third season. Throughout the series, Scott and his pack have dealt with all manner of trauma and struggles, including fighting battles against assassins, Hunters, a Darach, an Alpha Pack, Oni, a Nogitsune, Chimeras, Dread Doctors, and Ghost Riders among many other foes, events that frequently caused them harm and/or death. Scott had a romantic relationship with Kira Yukimura, a Thunder Kitsune (which ended due to the deal she made with the Skinwalkers to leave Beacon Hills for Shiprock, New Mexico to train with them.) In the second half of Season 6, Scott developed a romantic relationship with his longtime friend and born Werecoyote Malia Tate. As of the end of the series, which is a flashforward to two years in the future, Scott and Malia have remained each other's romantic partners.
Scott has amassed not only a fairly diverse pack of supernatural creatures but also a network of supportive allies as well, all of whom have proven themselves willing to risk their lives to fight for his cause as a result of his track record for beating insurmountable odds against powerful supernatural and human enemies. As he explained to Alec in the series finale, he has his main core pack members who are nearly always with him or close by (Stiles, Lydia, Derek, Malia, Liam) while many others (such as Sheriff Stilinski, Melissa McCall, Chris Argent, Jordan Parrish, and even redeemed former antagonists Peter Hale and Theo Raeken) come and go as they're needed.
Scott was born in 1994 to Melissa McCall, a nurse at Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital, and Rafael McCall, a special agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigations. Scott was afflicted with asthma from a young age, which only became more severe as he got older. When he was in elementary school, his alcoholic father got drunk one night and got into a fight with Melissa, and when Scott came out into the hall, he grabbed Scott by the wrist to force him back into his room. When Scott reflexively pulled away from him, to leave. She only intended to throw a drunk man out of the house, but, in time, Rafael became so ashamed that he left the family completely. ("Insatiable"), ("The Divine Move") Though Scott did spend some time living with Rafael at first, he eventually moved back in with his mother, and Rafael discontinued his contact with Scott and Melissa before moving to San Francisco to work at their FBI field office, an act for which Scott resented him until he reached high school. ("The Tell")
When Scott was a young child, he was taking his small dog Roxie for a walk when the two were attacked by a rabid doberman. The stress of the event caused Scott to have such a severe asthma attack that he was sent to the hospital, and his dog ultimately died from her injuries. For some unknown reason, this memory became repressed in his mind, either because of how traumatic it was or because the Dread Doctors suppressed it. Regardless, he did not gain the memory back until the autumn of 2012, when Scott read The Dread Doctors novel by Gabriel Valack, a tool to trigger repressed memories in hopes of finding out if they had done anything to him. ("Required Reading")
Being raised by a single mother for most of his childhood, Scott saw how hard Melissa had to work to keep the household running, so when he was old enough, he began working as a veterinary technician at Dr. Alan Deaton's animal clinic to make extra money. Once he entered high school, Scott joined the lacrosse team with his best friend of many years, Stiles Stilinski, though they rarely ever saw any game play due to their lack of athletic prowess. ("Wolf Moon")
Throughout Teen Wolf
|Note: This section is a stub. You can help Teen Wolf Wiki by expanding it.|
In A Novel Approach,
In Required Reading,
In Status Asthmaticus, Scott attempts to convince Liam that Hayden'll die if he gives her the bite but Liam only gets angry, believing Scott is breaking his promise to save her. This argument leads Scott to have yet-another asthma attack but Theo passes him an inhaler to cure him before he says there's another way to save Hayden. In the next day, Scott, Liam and Theo take Hayden to the animal clinic, where she is treated by Melissa McCall but the supermoon, in conjunction with Hayden's illness, begins affecting Liam as shown when he hurt Mellisa when she accidentally hurt Hayden a little bit. Theo says they're there to save a life not to kill each other, which makes Scott say that the effets of the supermoon can be felt even during the day and can cause them to be more aggressive and stronger.
Scott and Theo talk about the way Liam wants to save his first love, a conversation which makes Scott remember his relationship with Allison and Kira's current absence. Theo tells Scott that he needs his pack but the latter says it looks like he doesn't have one anymore. Hayden asks Scott to get her sister Valerie as she didn't want to die without her. Scott goes search for Valerie but gets a text from Lydia that tells him to meet her there in the library. Once he arrives there, he doesn't find anyone until he notices Theo completing a mountain ash barrier, something impossible for a Werewolf. Theo finally reveals he's a Werewolf-Werecoyote chimera and not a true Werewolf and the first chimera to be ever created. Theo tells Scott that a Chimera isn't just a monster with incongruous parts but also something impossible to achieve or an unrealizable dream. He reveals that despite having survived the transformation, unlike the other chimeras considered as failure, he wasn't what the Dread Doctors ultimately wanted, adding that they all can't be True Alphas. Scott, furious over Theo's manipulations, lunges toward him but Theo passes the barrier, which throws Scott across the library so hard after he makes huge force against it. Theo remarks there's no calls for Scott and he has to wait for the supermoon.
That night, Scott tries to break the barrier like he did in the night he became a True Alpha but it's no use so he goes to the roof, only to discover he can't jump to safety as well. Attempting to break the barrier triggers another asthma attack and Scott furiously breaks the inhaler, revealing it has been laced with Wolfsbane. He hears a growl behind him from a wolfed-out Liam, who and asks if Scott isn't going to save Hayden but Scott insists the bite won't save her. Liam, with his anger and rage greatly amplified by both the supermoon and Hayden's illness, says he had been thinking about alternatives but Scott says the supermoon is making Liam more aggressive. Liam corrects him, saying the supermoon making him stronger and says Scott is going to keep his promise even if it costs his life. The two start fighting each other and Scott manages to knock Liam down so he can shift into his Werewolf form. However, Liam easily gets the upper-hand due to Scott having been inhaling purple wolfsbane for weeks and he was not trying to injure Liam.
Scott attempts to stop Liam because Theo is manipulating him into killing Scott so he can take his power as a Beta bitten by a True Alpha is the only one capable of taking that Alpha's power and once Liam becomes the Alpha, Theo will kill Liam and take the Alpha powers from him but Liam insists no one is forcing him to kill Scott, he wants to do it himself. They keep fighting until Mason shows up and breaks Liam out of his rage before revealing Hayden died a few minutes ago, which makes Liam leave the library to see her one last time. Theo arrives, knocks Mason out and stabs his claws into Scott's intestines. Scott insists his pack won't ally Theo as they're not like him and never will be. Theo questions if it because he's a chimera and not a true Werewolf but Scott answers it is because he disregards his humanity. Furious over these words, Theo finishes the job, rips out his claws and leaves Scott's body behind before the glowing red disappears from Scott's eyes. Melissa rushes to him and starts making chest compressions in an attempt to bring him back but Mason says Scott is without a pulse for 15 minutes but Melissa doesn't lose the hope because her son is an Alpha and he's too strong to die like this. Melissa keeps begging her son to wake up, she gives a last blow and Scott wakes up and roars to the sky, while his mother and Mason look at him in aweHis mother takes him back to their house and starts to take care of his injuries. A despondent Scott tells he lost everyone and believes it was for good but Melissa assures her son every leader suffers a loss and he has to get them back because he's their leader and every leader gives them one thing: hope.
, Scott and Liam bring the injured Surgeon to the animal clinic, where Deaton has just received what made Mason a genetic chimera: he absorbed his twin in the womb. Deaton verifies the Surgeon's condition until Sebastien calls out for him. The Surgeon creates an electromagnetic field so the Werewolves and Deaton can't follow him. Sebastien removes the Surgeon's helmet and recognizes him as his old friend Marcel, who reveals the pike used to kill Sebastien was in the Argents' hands. In the hospital, Melissa heals Lydia after she had been previously injured by Sebastien's claws and Scott and Liam take her to the tunnels, where they are confronted by Theo, who uses his electrokinetic powers from, Josh to incapacitate Scott and Liam and uses his Kanima venom from Tracy to paralyze Scott and forcing him to let go of Lydia, causing the latter to fall in another room.
Theo senses Sebastien and confronts him, claiming he wants his power. He attempts to steal his power the manner Deucalion taught him but it turns out to be a futile attempt, leading Sebastien to escape. Theo realizes Deucalion and Scott were working together this whole time and he could have taken the Beast's powers with Belasko's talons if he didn't believe Deucalion's lies about them. Deuc snaps Theo's neck and wishes him good luck with it before he is shot by Gerard, accompanied by his son Chris, who says he's surprised to see Scott and Deucalion together. However, Argent and Scott also planned a double-cross as Argent passes him the sword-cane/pike and aims his gun at his father, because he knew Gerard would only cause even more destruction as he did in the past. Argent tells Scott and Liam to go while he deals with Gerard.
Sebastien finds the two and asks them to return the pike to him but they made sure they would only give it to him if he gave Mason back to them. However, Sebastien doesn't even know where to begin to separate them, leading Scott and Liam to wolf-out before lunging toward Sebastien, who turns into the Beast. The Beast comes out on top in their fight and partially shifts back into Sebastien, who grabs Scott's throat before attempting to kill but accidentally performs the Werewolf memory manipulation ritual and stalls when he sees Scott's memories of Allison, his sister Marie Jeanne's descendant, who looks exactly like her not only in physical appearance but in personality as well. Sebastien is stunned speechless upon seeing the person who looks exactly like his sister that he lets go of Scott.
Lydia and Kira, whose sword has been successfully repaired by the Shiprock Skinwalkers, arrive and the Banshee screams Mason's name with so much force that Sebastien loses his corporeal body and leads him to be separated from Mason. The Beast's essence attempts to escape but Parrish, in Hellhound-mode, grabs him, allowing Scott to kill him for a final time with the sword-cane/pike. Everyone believes they've won until Theo reappears, with electricity crackling his entire body and who glares at the pack for killing the Beast but Kira blocks the lightning bolt he shoots at them with her sword and tells him the Skinwalkers have a message for him: his sister wants to see him. With the Skinwalkers' power, Kira stabs her katana into the ground and opens a sinkhole, from where Tara's spirit comes out and drags Theo down with her to Hell and no one goes to help him, even if he pleaded for help before the sinkhole disappears as though it was never there in the first place.
In the animal clinic, Hayden, who has been previously injured by Sebastien like Lydia, is fearing she will die just like the first time and Liam tells her it's her choice. She looks at Scott, who partially transforms in order to bite. In a night of full moon, Hayden has survived the transformation and has become a true Beta Werewolf and a true member of the McCall Pack.In school, Scott looks at the initials of the beginning of senior year and tears come running down his face when he looks at his own initials and Allison's while Stiles and Lydia talk how Allison saved Scott's life from Sebastien's clutches. In the end, he joins his two friends in the library.}}
|“||Scott doesn't care about power-- he cares about people.||”|
— Ethan about Scott in Illuminated
Though Scott had a bout of immature teenage behavior during his first few years of high school, his time as a Werewolf caused his personality to shift to one that is much more compassionate, selfless, and kind. In fact, it was, in part, due to his strength of will, his virtue, and his ability to retain his humanity even after becoming a Werewolf that allowed him to ascend to the rare rank of True Alpha, something that usually only occurs in the Werewolf world once every century at most. Scott struggled greatly in controlling his lycanthropy during the first few months after he was turned, but with time and experience, he was able to find an anchor that allowed him to remain in human form on full moons and even supermoons without involuntarily transforming.
Despite all the power he wields as a True Alpha, he is uncomfortable with flaunting his power over others, even to defend himself, due to the ways Alphas like Peter or Deucalion forced their wills upon him while he was a Beta. This characteristic was demonstrated on both Liam's first full moon and his first supermoon as a Werewolf, during which Liam lost control and viciously attacked Scott, who only used the bare minimum amount of power to block his blows.
|“||Scott's always been about one thing-- saving his friends. He will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about. When there's no chance of winning? He keeps fighting. When all hope is lost? He finds another way. And when he's beaten down? He stands up again! You wanna earn a place in his pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight!||”|
Scott has been described by several people to be uninterested in the power-hungry nature of many Alphas and is known for doing whatever is necessary to protect those he cares about. He is very prone to giving second chances, does not believe in no-win scenarios, and has been shown as entirely willing to be tortured or killed in defense of his family, pack, and fellow Beacon Hills citizens. However, Scott's intent to keep his loved ones safe means that he is not immune to making unwise decisions out of desperation to protect them, especially if they were caused harm because of his mistakes; this was evidenced by his willingness to forcibly search through Corey's memories, and his decision to enact a risky plan to try to catch one of the Dread Doctors that resulted in Liam and Hayden being captured.
Likewise, his desire to see the best in people and his trusting nature have been shown to create problems in his life as well. Regardless, Scott's moral code has evolved to the point that he unwilling to kill unless it is absolutely inevitable, and Scott's only kill of the series, the Beast of Gevaudan, was done out of necessity, as well as the fact that there was no redemption for Sebastian, and he had already been dead for over two hundred years. This rule of his especially extends to newly created and/or out-of-control supernatural creatures or pseudo-supernaturals like Chimeras, for whom he usually advocates a second chance in order to rehabilitate the new supernatural creature rather than to neutralize them.
Scott's second death and resurrection changed him to a degree. While he is still the compassionate and empathic person he was before, he has also become more confident and self-assured, no longer seeming to doubt himself or his decisions and even coming up with a plan that allowed the pack to defeat Theo and the Beast, and allow Malia to stop her mother without killing her. This change, however, has also allowed his personality to become more predatory than it once was. While his moral code is still intact, he is much more willing to use more force in his fights, shown during his battles against the Beast, as well as the Ghost Riders. The adversity he has faced since being turned into a Werewolf has galvanized him into a better leader who has perfected the skills necessary to lead his pack. His intellectual strength and tactical skills have improved to such a degree that even Peter Hale, who prides himself as being a "scheming schemer" who is always one step ahead of everyone, was forced to admit that Scott has a remarkable talent for overcoming any odds, due in part to Scott's capacity for empathy and his superhuman senses, both of which help him to better understand his enemies and their weaknesses.
|“||It's not up to them-- it's up to you. You have to want this, because they're gonna keep coming at you. They're gonna keep knocking you down. And you have to get back up. You have to show them that you can get back up. Leaders don't run!||”|
Scott's ability to see the good in everyone has allowed him to bring out the good in those around him as well, and the majority of those who join his pack become better people than they were before. His influence has even helped to redeem many characters, such as Allison, Derek, Isaac, Ethan, Aiden, and Deucalion, among others. This has also made him a foil to characters such as Theo, who tries his best to bring out the inner darkness in those around him, believing that it will make them stronger, whereas Scott does the opposite, believing in others so strongly that they evolve into the best versions of themselves.
Scott is a handsome, medium-height young man with olive skin, dark brown eyes, curly dark brown hair, and a lean but muscular build. He typically dresses in a casual, alternative style that features suede or corduroy jackets, henleys, flannel or denim shirts, hoodies, and jeans with boots or Chuck Taylor sneakers. He has a small scar on his cheek from falling through the glass coffee table when he and Stiles were throwing a lacrosse ball around the house, and it's often remarked that Scott's jaw is slightly uneven. He also has a tattoo of two black bands (one thick band above a thinner one) that wraps around his left bicep, a tattoo that has become known as the symbol of the McCall Pack.
Powers and Abilities
Scott possesses the common weaknesses of a were-creature, as well as other weaknesses that are specific to Scott himself.
- Wolfsbane: As a Werewolf, Scott can be weakened or killed by exposure to wolfsbane, depending on the species and the method of exposure. Inhalation of purple wolfsbane has been shown to disable Scott's accelerated healing ability, which thereby causes Scott's asthma to return and has been shown to provoke him terrible hallucinations. Nordic Blue Monkshood is fatal to Werewolves while Yellow Wolfsbane can weaken, sedate and even kill Werewolves as well, depending on the method of exposure and potency. The only known ways to cure wolfsbane poisoning of a Werewolf or other were-creature are burning out a wound caused by a wolfsbane-laced weapon or applying to the wound the ashes of the strain the Werewolf was exposed to. However, yellow wolfsbane poisoning can be treated by surgically slicing open the chest of the poisoned Werewolf and allowing the yellow wolfsbane gas to come out in the form of a cloud.
- Letharia Vulpina: As a canine were-creature, Scott, like other Werewolves, Werecoyotes, and Kitsune, can be weakened by exposure to letharia vulpina, otherwise known as "wolf lichen" because of its toxic effects toward the canine species.
- Electricity: As a Werewolf, Scott can be weakened or killed by exposure to electricity, depending on the level of voltage used. Lower voltages will disable his healing ability and prevent him from transforming, while higher voltages can severely slow or even stop Scott's heart completely. For this reason, electricity, typically in the form of cattle-prod tasers, are one of the most common weapons Werewolf hunters use against their prey. However, this weakness has also been used to Scott's advantage, as Kira's electrokinesis applied to Scott's heart allowed him to fake his own death to try to lure out the Benefactor. Since becoming a True Alpha, Scott's ability to tolerate electricity has increased tremendously, to the point that he was able to break through strong chains despite being shocked by Araya and Severo Calavera at the highest level of their generator. He was also able to run out of Eichen House with Kira, who had lost control of her powers due to the telluric currents there and was producing hundreds of lightning bolts that had hit and burned Scott; this level of electrical shock was enough to previously put Isaac in the hospital for several days, while Scott was able to recover within hours.
- Full Moon: Though being a were-creature is considered a gift in the supernatural world due to the increased speed, stamina, and healing that it provides, it also comes with a price, which is that the Werewolf, Werecoyote, or Werejaguar is beholden to the phases of the moon. During a full moon, werecreatures without training will become overcome with a rabid anger that will cause them to attack any living creature they come upon, which is why they all must learn control to avoid exposure and harm to innocent civilians. The full moon will make a Werewolf stronger, but it will also make them more rabid and chaotic, which makes them easily hunted by supernatural hunters. This has become less of a weakness for Scott, now that he has learned to maintain his humanity during full moons, but under certain conditions, Scott is still capable of losing control during this time.
- Lunar Eclipse: During the phase of a lunar eclipse where the moon is completely covered in the earth's umbral shadow, a Werewolf or other were-creature will lose all of their powers, including their super strength, accelerated healing, and shapeshifting abilities, making them vulnerable to anyone seeking to take advantaged of this weakness and harm or kill them.
- Modified Canine Distemper Virus: One of the assassins in the Deadpool, The Chemist, created a modified version of the canine distemper virus that could sicken both humans and any canine shapeshifter, such as Werewolves, werecoyotes, and kitsunes. Scott, Kira, Malia, and Stiles were all exposed to the virus at the PSATs, and the former three nearly died from its effects. However, consuming wild purple reishi mushrooms are known to cure a the virus and prevent those who ingest it from being infected in the first place.
- Loud Noises: As a Werewolf with heightened senses, Scott is vulnerable to sounds at certain frequencies. For example, the Argent hunters are known for using ultrasonic emitters that produce an extremely high-pitched noise that only animals and people with supernaturally enhanced senses can hear. Conversely, there are also certain subsonic, low-pitched sounds that can be used against werecreatures as well, as a group of Deadpool assassins used in Perishable. Sounds at this low frequency can cause Scott and other werecreatures to become incredibly disoriented, woozy, nauseous, and unable to control their bodies, to the point that others have mistaken them for being drunk. In this state, they are unable to defend themselves due to the sounds making them weak and unable to stand, walk, talk, or see clearly.
- Guilt: Guilt has been shown to be an emotion that has serious physical and emotional side-effects on Scott at overwhelming levels. On several occasions, Scott's guilt has actually prevented his body from healing severe wounds, such as when he felt responsible for Derek's "death" in a battle against the Alpha Pack, or following Scott's resurrection shortly after Theo killed him. In the latter case, Scott felt so guilty about all of the events that led up to the fracturing of his pack and his death that he was unable to fully heal the wounds that killed him, leaving a gaping, bleeding wound in his chest and weakened physical abilities. On an emotional level, guilt can cause Scott to act uncharacteristically reckless and behave in ways he would not ordinarily act, especially if his previous actions have caused his loved ones harm in some way.
- Mountain Ash Barriers: Werewolves, like the majority of supernatural species in the show, cannot cross barriers made of mountain ash. Though Scott has shown that he can break through smaller and less powerful barriers of mountain ash, thicker and stronger barriers are much more difficult, if not impossible, for him to overcome.
- Lime green dirt-bike with red and silver helmets
- Supernatural clue board (in progress)
- Scott: Scott is a masculine English and Scottish name that originated as a surname referring to a person from Scotland or a speaker of Scottish Gaelic. It is derived from the Latin Scoti, meaning "Gaelic speaker," though its ultimate origin is uncertain. It is a variant transcription of the name Prescott, and other variations of Scott include Scottas, Scottea, Scottee, Scottey, Scotti, Scotto, Skot, and Skott.
- McCall: McCall is an Anglicized version of the Irish Gaelic surname Mac Cathmhaoil, meaning "son of Cathmhaoil," a personalized name created with the elements cath, meaning "battle," and maol, meaning "chief," together meaning "battle chief." McCall is also the Anglicized version of the name Mac Cathal, meaning "son of Cathal." Variant transcriptions of the name include Macall, Maccall, Maccaul, and Mackall.
- Scott was listed on the Deadpool hit-list for $25 million, and was the most valuable target on the list, likely because due to a combination of factors, including his status as True Alpha, the strength of his pack, and the fact that he would be the most likely to protect the other people on the list, which made him a difficult and dangerous person to attempt to kill.
- Scott's dream is to attend the University of California-Berkley and major in veterinary medicine.
- Despite spending most of his childhood and adolescence without contact with his own father, Scott has several other father-figures in his life, including Alan Deaton, Sheriff Stilinski, and Chris Argent. He also has developed very brotherly relationships with Isaac Lahey, Derek Hale, and, more recently, Stiles Stilinski. He has also developed a parent-child like bond, if not stronger, with his first bitten Beta Liam Dunbar, as stated by Gerard Argent; so much so that if Liam were to die it would break Scott.
- Scott has officially died twice throughout the series—once during the surrogate sacrifice ritual he performed with Allison and Stiles (under the guidance of Deaton) to find their parents in Alpha Pact, and a second time when Theo ripped out his guts in a fight in Status Asthmaticus. However, he came within an inch of death on one other occasion in Time of Death, when Kira used her Thunder Kitsune powers to slow his heart rate to a nearly imperceptible level to fake his death and lure out the Benefactor.
- Because he died and came back to life in surrogate sacrifice ritual he performed with Allison and Stiles, the three of them have a darkness around their hearts that will remain for the rest of their lives. According to Scott, he feels the darkness every day, but when he feels overwhelmed by it, he looks to his friends for help in counteracting the effects.
- It is unknown if his second resurrection during the supermoon has had any effect on the darkness around his heart.
- One of Scott's greatest fears is becoming a monster like Deucalion or Peter Hale.
- Scott has been shown to use his ability to absorb the pain of others more than any other Werewolf character on the series.
- Scott's first anchor was Allison and their relationship, which allowed him to control his Werewolf transformations by focusing on how she made him human. However, after Allison and Scott broke up, Scott's control over his shift wavered, and Melissa instructed him to be his own anchor, which he took to heart and began to use to regain control. Although at some point, Stiles became his new anchor.
- Though Scott has had many friends and loved ones die during his time as a Werewolf, the death of his first love Allison continues to haunt him (as well as Stiles and Lydia) more than any other so far.
- Scott is the only person in his pack who doesn't have his own car. Instead, Scott drives a lime-green dirt-bike.
- Scott's tattoo, which is of two black bands (one thin and one thick) that wrap around his right bicep, has become the symbol of the McCall Pack. In The Last Chimera, he carved the symbol into a wall with his claws to indicate to Theo and the Dread Doctors that he intended to reunite his pack and defend his town. In the following episode, Damnatio Memoriae, Scott and Stiles both drew the symbol on the dirt floor in the basement of the electrical substation to symbolize their promise to reunite the pack once again.
- Scott is #11 on the Beacon Hills High School lacrosse team and has been a captain ever since his sophomore year when he was bitten and turned into a Werewolf.
- Scott has been an Alpha for the longest amount of time in terms of the number of seasons in which an Alpha has appeared. Peter Hale was an Alpha for one season (the equivalent of roughly four to six weeks in the show's timeline), Derek was an Alpha for one and a half seasons (roughly eight months in the show's timeline), and Scott was an Alpha for three and a half seasons (almost three years in the show's timeline), two seasons of which were double-sized in terms of the number of episodes. In-universe, Deucalion and possibly Satomi are the longest living Alphas.
- Scott McCall is one of the characters to appear in all six seasons of Teen Wolf, along with Stiles Stilinski, Lydia Martin, Chris Argent, Melissa McCall, Sheriff Stilinski, Dr. Deaton, and Coach Finstock.
- Scott is one of only two characters who has died and been resurrected multiple times, the other being Jackson.
- Scott McCall is the only character to appear in every single episode of Teen Wolf.
- Scott's cell phone number is (415) 555–0165. The 415 area code is used in San Francisco and the surrounding north-central region of California.
- Scott has had romantic relationships with three women throughout the series: Allison Argent, Kira Yukimura, and Malia Tate. He also, on one single occasion, hooked up with Lydia Martin, though he was under the influence of his second full moon and the heartache of his break-up with Allison at the time.
- Three of Scott's romantic partners were born into the supernatural community, although Allison was not a supernatural creature herself.
|Alec • Belasko • Vernon Boyd • Deucalion • Josh Diaz • Garrett Douglas • Liam Dunbar • Ennis • Mrs. Finch • Cora Hale • Derek Hale • Laura Hale • Peter Hale • Talia Hale • Carrie Hudson • Satomi Ito • Jiang • Kali • Kincaid • Isaac Lahey • Lucas • Lycaon • Marco • Scott McCall • Demarco Montana • Quinn • Theo Raeken • Erica Reyes • Lorilee Rohr • Hayden Romero • Aiden Steiner • Ethan Steiner • Tracy Stewart • Brett Talbot • Tierney • Sebastien Valet • Jackson Whittemore|
|Alpha Pack • Hale Pack • McCall Pack • Primal Pack • Satomi's Pack|